Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission is original, has not been previously published and parts from other works must be duly referenced. It is not before another journal for consideration or an explanation has been provided in "Comments to the Editor".
- Only texts using the preformatted template.
- Language of the text in Portuguese (with the new orthographic agreement), Spanish, French or English. Title, abstract and keywords in the language of the text, in English and Portuguese. Abstract with a maximum of 150 words and up to 5 keywords.
- 10000 words limit for articles and 2000 for book reviews, considering footnotes and bibliographical references.
- Maximum of 10 images, although this limit may be changed by the Editors. All images, tables and charts sequentially numbered, with a caption associated (example: A ground floor plan of Wandsworth County Court in 1858, held among the records of the Office of Works and its successors. UK National Archives, WORK 30/758) and its exact location in the text. Images should be mentioned in the text. From the Lisbon Municipal Archives may be used in accordance with their availability on the website. Those that do not belong to the Lisbon Municipal Archives must be delivered in separate files, either in JPEG or TIFF.
- The text adheres to the bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, in this section. Where available, DOIs are provided.
- Author's name, ORCID, institutional (Research centre, Faculty, University) and email address.
- The Authorization and Transfer of Rights for Publication Agreement must be completed, signed and submitted with the article.
The authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License CC BY-NC 4.0 which allows sharing and adapting the text as long as its authorship is correctly attribbuted with recognition of the initial publication in this journal.
It is the sole responsibility of the authors to obtain the publishing rights of the images used in the articles, or other material with copyright (authorship, patrimonial, etc.), if they do not belong to the Lisbon Municipal Archives. The images will only be published after the presentation of the authorisation for publication. The journal reserves the right to publish, reproduce and disseminate the articles on the website of the Lisbon Municipal Archives, in open access repositories and directories.
Cadernos do Arquivo Municipal, owned by the Lisbon City Council, follows the privacy and protection policy of this institution, available here: https://www.lisboa.pt/politica-de-privacidade